Trying to figure out a last-minute shopping gift idea, or wanting to do a fun DIY project to treat yourself? Look no further than the coffee scrub! Yes, a coffee scrub. Coffee scrubs help to remove dead skin cells and add a glow to the skin. Plus, the best part about making your own coffee scrub is that you can create it with ingredients already in your kitchen, using your old coffee grounds to make it! Did someone say “reuse and recycle?”
To create your own DIY coffee scrub, you’ll need:
- 1 container w/ lid (we recommend cute mason jars, especially if you’re looking to gift the scrub)
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 spoon
- ½ cup (i.e. 8 tablespoons) of coffee grounds
- ½ cup (i.e. 8 tablespoons) of sugar or salt
- For an extra exfoliating factor use raw sugar, brown sugar, or sea salt
- ½ cup (i.e. 8 tablespoons) of melted/liquid coconut oil
- Coconut oil is great for moisturizing the skin!
***Note: Serving size with this recipe = 1 container of coffee scrub
Once all the ingredients are collected, complete the following steps to make your scrub:
- Grab your mixing bowl and add your coffee grounds.
- Add your sugar or salt.
- Pour in your coconut oil and mix the ingredients using your spoon!
- Once all your ingredients are mixed to your preferred consistency, pour the scrub into your lidded container.
- Voila! Enjoy your scrub!