Don't you just love receiving a cup of coffee with a cute design on top? Doesn't it just put a smile on your face and make your mornings better? We'll teach you how to create simple Latte Art designs in the comfort of your own home!
What do you need?
Every good latte consists of
- Espresso shot
- Steamed Whole Milk
But to create latte art designs on top you will also need
- A pitcher with a thin spout
- Toothpick or if you have a latte art tool
Let's put it all together
So let's start creating our latte! Place your espresso shot in a mug or cup of your choice. After steaming your milk, until its creamy hot and only have small bubbles on top, we are ready to pour! Using a pitcher or jug with a thin spout is said to give you better control when creating a design.
When you begin to pour always remember to:
- Start pouring a little high and into the middle of the espresso
- Tilt your mug to about 45 degrees while you pour the steamed milk
- Slowly lower the pitcher towards the mug as the milk builds up
- Rock it gently back and forth to get a white circle of milk on top
There are so many different designs that are easy for beginners. Some are:
- Heart - when the circle of milk appears, pour milk from one end of the circle to the other, creating a heart
- Rosetta - as you build the milk up, you're going to want to rock the pitcher side to side then lift. Then pouring a line through the design to create a rosetta.
There are so many more designs you can do, such as
- etch spiral, thats like a star
- a bear
You can always use the toothpick to shape the art a bit more. Just be gentle! Of course it takes a lot of practice and its 100% okay if you can't get it on the first try! Just keep practicing and you'll soon be your own barista!